Sunday 20 March 2011

On the Painting Table: Chaos Dwarf First Look!

After three different colour schemes I’ve finally settled on Tin Bitz with a Dwarf Bronze highlight for my Chaos Dwarfs – care of Mantic’s Abyssal Dwarfs, with Adeptus Battlegrey cloth bits.  
This is my first mini unit, now complete. I didn’t do a spectacularly good job on the painting: by the time I got to colour three I think I was flagging a bit – but they’re looking alright... and sufficiently evil.

And they actually look quite nice on these pictures (slightly better; for a change; than in real life).


You may notice that I used some GW dwarfs in there. The Mantic dwarfs give you a bunch of spare heads so (considering it’s basically an upgrade set for normal Mantic dwarfs) I thought, what the heck!
I have the characters arriving in the post any day now and when I paint the other half of this unit I’ll have a very small but playable force.

No comments:

Post a Comment