Monday 5 December 2011

On the Painting Table: Bretonnian Reinforcements!


I am doing really well at catching up with the huge backlog of miniatures I have. I’m working on Ogres now (though that’s a story for another day).

Meanwhile, here are my latest offerings to the great god of war.

Bretonnians! Or as I prefer to call them, Tempestrians!




First up with have archers. Lots and lots of archers. These are the old fashioned ones. I picked up a lot of these from two copies of the old Warhammer boxed set from years ago. I had already painted forty but here is the next twenty, taking my total up to sixty! 



These guys kick ASS in the game against unarmoured foes particularly, especially now they have Volley Fire.



Just imagine all those lovely arrows!


And then we have my alternative Trebuchets!

I do like the GW one but this PAPO catapult I got on eBay is just lovely. I’ve had one for ages but have finally got round to painting up a second.



My ambition is to have four of these beauties when I get the army up to 3,000 points. Whewee! Imagine the destruction!



The artillery men are Men at Arms. It took me a while to decide on a colour scheme as they looked a bit effete initially. I’m still not that satisfied but they’ll do. 


It’s a shame my wife always plays Tempestrians because I would love to use all this new missile weapons.

I think she’s going to crucify me!




No comments:

Post a Comment