Thursday 5 May 2011

On the Painting Table: Seekers of Slaanesh!

Well taking a quick break from the Empire Tactica (and from building my garden decking), here's a look at the latest unit to roll off my painting table. Seekers of Slaanesh!


Like all cavalry, these took a terribly long time to paint but they are beautiful. I took the controversial path of painting the Steeds of Slaanesh to match the flesh colour of my Daemonettes. I wasn't sure during the process but now they're done I love them! They're my best looking Daemon unit.


I used Bronzed Flesh, Ogryn Flesh wash and then Bronzed Flesh and Elf Flesh highlights for them. Notice I've gone for the 40k rounded bases but slapped them on a movement tray so I can use them in both games.


Not only are they nice models but the rules in-game are cool as well (10" movement is so nice to have on cavalry models!). You can hear more about how useful they are in my next battle report. I'm still in mid-game with my wife though so it'll be a few days yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment