You can imagine a unit of archers deploying behind a pond to deter chargers or some skirmishers hiding from missile fire by lurking up to their noses in the shallows.
And they look pretty nice.
The process of creation (if you're interested) was as follows:
- Cut a piece of stiff card into a pleasing shape.
- Mic up some powdered all-purpose filler.
- Make a little mound round the edge of each pond.
- When dry, spray black.
- Paint the water Catachan (dark) Green.
- Ink near to the edges with Badab Black ink.
- Feather this gently towards the middle, fading it slowly out.
- Higlight the middle of the pond outwards with Catachan Green again.
- Highlight from the middle (but not as far) with Knarloc (mid) Green.
- Highlight again with Camo (light) Green.
- All highlighting should be gentle and feathered, blending into the layer below.
- Varnish with yacht varnish