Friday 3 February 2012

On the Painting Table: Chaos Daemon Screamers of Tzeentch


I have wanted these miniatures since the day I first saw them.


But they were a little rich for my liking. 

Enter eBay! 





They are so beautiful and sleek, yet also deadly.

Although I have to say the Warhammer Fantasy rules for them are a bit thin and dull. Strength 3 is a bit disappointing and with the latest rules on flying marches, it’s going to rely on a lot of luck and positioning to be able to pull of the overflying attack (because of the 8” march restriction from the proximity of enemy troops. 



But at the end of the day, they’re beautiful models and I get to sue them in 40k too! 

If you’re also following my Conflict Valorax blog, you’ll know I have a plotline involving opening various Pernicious Gates. Whoever opens each one takes control of one of the Daemonic legions. Any miniatures I buy for fantasy will ultimately mean I’m ready for the opening of one of these gates in 40k (where I suddenly need to pull that legion out of a hat, ready painted).

My Tzeentch units are now getting quite numerous, as are my Slaanesh ones (more on that in a future post). As for Nurgle, well… Let’s wait until the plastic Plaguebearers come out. Though I do have a Beast of Nurgle I’ll be revealing fairly soon! 



These guys were painted Shadow Grey by the way, with a blue wash in the crevices and Fortress Grey as a highlight.

2 comments:

  1. I like them, nice simple colour scheme :)

    If you don't mind me asking what are you using as your gaming board/mat, is it a piece of painted carpet? What ever it is it looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    The table is a big piece of dyed black towelling. You’ll see how I did ti in my soon to be published How to Build a Bridge article. Just need to finish building the bridge first!

    ReplyDelete