Tuesday 11 December 2012

On the Painting Table: Warhammer Samurai!!!

It's wargasm time!


I don't know about you but I like them.

These are Wargames Factory Samurai miniatures that I'm going to be using in my new Warhammer Nippon army.


Scale-wise they're a little small (though GW models tend to be a bit over-chunky) but still usable and there is a general difference in stature from people from the east and west anyway.


I've gone for a dark red | black ink | dark red | lighter red armour plating with khaki | cream on the cloth.


I wasn't sure about it at first but am now pretty happy.


I'm not great at faces I have to say but for mass infantry in a wargame they will certainly do.

I didn't feel my painting was up to my usual standards but these are only the first five of a much larger force.





It's a major bummer that the sprue connects to the swords and is thus really hard to file clean without damaging them or leaving a little nob.


I've decided to have a little Dark Elf / Nippon Mordheim campaign so we should be seeing lots more of these guys in the near future. My wife is eager to get playing.. which is real nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment