Saturday 28 January 2012

On the Painting Table: Chaos Dwarf Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers

Hey!

There are limits to my pocket book but I am the fortunate friend of a chap called Neil who GAVE me a few of the REALLY old GW Chaos Dwarf models. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth (or waste the kind of devo models they used to make, I decided to make a couple of substitutes for the Warhammer Forge Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers.


Now obviously, the Warhammer Forge equivalent is like a wagon thing so I had to justify the stats somehow. Hence the barrier round the front to (barely) simulate the high Toughness to missile weapons.



I've done two of these and I wanted to tie them together so, without enough parts to make two identical barriers, I went with the flaming braziers.


I painted them the same colours as the rest of my Chaos Dwarfs (basically all the golds and all the silvers - with flesh and black wash respectively).


Here's the other one. The barrier here is from the Ogre cannon thingy.


I used some normal Dwarf war machine bitz to pep it up a bit.


Heh. I love the face of the dude on the left. You just don't get expressions on miniatures like that anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment