Wednesday 25 January 2012

On the Painting Table: Warhammer Forge Chaos Dwarf Skullcracker


Ah, such elegant beauty is born from destruction.



There are many items on the Forge World and Warhammer Forge website that give one a genuine WargasmTM to see for the first time. They are the must-have items that in many cases we yearn for but never buy: the Tau Manta, the Reaver Titan, the complete Death Korps of Krieg army. Perhaps we are better people for the noble sacrifice we make in not buying them.

I used my “Manta Fund” to buy my wife a new summer house.

However I was determined that the new Warhammer Forge Chaos Dwarf Skullcracker not fall into this category.

 
The Skullcracker is a beautiful model, though very fragile INDEED. It doesn’t come with a base but definitely needs one to provide support and stability.

I made this one out of foamboard  as it needed something bigger than a chariot base. 


Man, it just kept breaking when I tried to put it together but with a bit of love I got there in the end, and boy was it worth it.


It was much bigger than I was expecting. Previous Forge World purchases have often been disappointingly small when received. Not this baby. The pack it came in was really big and being bigger than a chariot it does have a nice chunky feel to it.


This is the best part: the front. Look at these pneumatic spears, axes and spinning blades. It's a model you REALLY won't want to get in front of, but with my K'Daai Destroyers running round as well, my opponent will be really perplexed on where to concentrate his attacks. Hopefully. So this may get through unhindered which will be nice now I've thrown so much cash at it.


The crew look good (though I felt I rushed them a tad). Quite like the way I did the coals though.

They're nicely posed and positioned and I especially like the dude blowing the whistle.


So all in all? 
A bit fragile but who cares! With a base it is tough enough and it is ultra cool! 

Worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment