Sunday, 26 December 2010

I'm back!

After one of the worst flus I've ever had I am now back in front of the computer with some nice pictures of my newly finished Empire army.

It adds up to 1647 points (which is a nice size for a good sized game) and though I have more unpainted guys it is now in a fully playable position.

The first new unit is this unit of Greatswords, which you may notice is combined with those Sisters of Sigmar I decided to conscript the other week. Rather than have two ten-man squads I thought I'd try them out together and they look pretty good (if I do say so myself). I also whacked my Battle Standard Bearer in there.

Next up I finished a unit of Swordsmen. With this second block of infantry I'm now in a good position to hold the line once the enemy closes with my ranks.

If you look closely in the front rank you'll spot this guy.

He's a Scibor ministure I'm using as a Warrior Priest that I particularly like.

The great thing about my Empire (ahem) New Sylvanian force is that I have three discreet sets of charactres to lead it, creating three distinct themed armies with variations in between.

  1. All non magical characters
  2. All Warrior Priests
  3. All Wizards.
The basic army I plan to play with next actually combines 1 and 3. The benefit of having different themes in my campaign is that each can represent a different army on the map.

I can't wait to give them a go!

Just have to wait for my wife to recover from the flu now...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome army! Looks great. I like the fact that everything blends in very well, even with such a diversity of different miniatures. I also like the fact that you weren't afraid of experimenting with non-GW models.